Industrial Water Chillers - 60 to 350kW units
THERMAL IQ chillers are designed supply chilled water to heat developing processes. The units are manufactured in Australia to suit local condition and give our customer the solutions they need.
They can be installed indoors or outdoors and can be configured to supply chilled water for
• Potable water applications
• Process cooling from an internal buffer tank.
• Process cooling to an external buffer tank.
Industrial process chillers are designed to circulate water to a heat producing process via a water pump. The water brings the heat back to the chiller where the compression cycle cools the water before it is returned to the heat process.
The chillers are supplied with – as standard
• Suitable for outdoor installation
• Rugged galvanized steel construction on welded frames
• Seamless copper pipework
• Components sourced from the industry’s leading suppliers
• R134a refrigerant available for high ambient temperature operation and the lowest GWP of all
• Integrated circulation pump available
• Comprehensive 12 months warranty on all parts and labour
• Highly accurate electronic controller – plc control for PID compressor staging control
• Shell and tube evaporator
• Comprehensive factory testing before dispatch
High corrosive environments:
If the chiller is to be installed in an environment with corrosive elements present the chiller can be manufactured in such a way to extend the life of the unit.
These environments can be
– Coastal which high levels of salt spray present
– Mining with Sulphur present
The coils on the units can be coated to extend their life – the coil will lose efficiency if the bond between the copper and the aluminum starts to break down.
The units can be constructed with stainless steel cabinets.
The electrical enclosures are weather proof but if an enclosure is required with a high IP rating this can be offered.
In the case where flammable gas is present an Ex or ATEX rated unit maybe required.
In installations where the power supply is not robust soft starters can be supplied on the compressors to limit the in-rush current on compressor start up.
The units can be supplied with 2 pumps that duty cycle to share the wear and tear. The software can also start the pump sitting in redundancy if the duty pump develops a fault
For installations such as mine sites, especially in remote areas where the temperatures are extreme the chiller can be constructed to be able to handle these extreme
Variable speed drives – fitted to the compressor to allow turn down in partial load conditions which adds to the operating efficiency of the chiller